Login Usernames and Passwords
Every desktop and laptop PC is protected by a login username and password assigned to the user. This protects your system from unauthorized access and identifies you to the campus network. This username allows you to login to your laptop and connect you to the LTU network.
To find your login and email username, follow the steps listed below.
1. Log into BannerWeb
2. Click on Personal Information
3. Click on View Email Addresses
4. The Campus email address before @ltu.edu is your new username
If you have never logged in before, your initial password is your birthday, formatted as a six digit number in MMDDYYYY format. For example, if your birthday is November 24, 1987, your initial password is 11241987.
Your login user password expires every 90 days. You are required to reset your initial password on first login. You can reset your initial password only when you are on campus.
To change your Windows password:
- First, you must be on campus to change your login password.
- From your Windows XP (or Windows 7) Desktop, press Ctrl + ALT + Delete
- In the box that appears in Windows XP, click the Change Password ( or Change a password... in Windows 7) button.
You must choose a different password from the last seven passwords you’ve used, and it must be a minimum of 8 characters and be a combination of letters and numbers. Try to choose a password that’s easy for you to remember and difficult to guess.
- Type your old password in the Old Password box.
- Type your new password in the New Password box.
- Type your new password again in the Confirm New Password box.
- Click OK
If you have forgotten your old password, please bring your Lawrence Tech photo ID card to the Computer Help Desk (C203, Taubman Student Services Center) to have your password reset.