Catia V5 - Remote Operations and Help Documentation
With Lawrence Tech’s network license of Catia V5 software, students and faculty may use the program remotely with the University’s VPN tunnel service. With a VPN connection established, students and faculty may use Catia, or any other network licensed software, at a remote location as if they were on campus.
Instructions for accessing Lawrence Tech’s VPN tunnel have been posted online at eHelp (http://ltu.edu/ehelp/vpnaccess.asp).
Additional Catia documentation is currently available for installation on LTU’s network. Catia users may access the documentation installation while on campus or connected remotely with the VPN. There are two methods of access; each works with an on-campus or remote VPN connection. There are two methods to access Catia documentation.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Select Map a Network Drive.
3. In the menu that displays, enter \\radium\public\CatiaHelp V5 as the folder to map as a shared drive (see picture below).
4. Select Finish and the folder containing the documentation installation will open.
1. Click Start button and enter this command: \\radium\public\CatiaHelp V5 in the Search programs and files box. (See picture below). The folder will open for user access. Once the “CatiaHelp V5” folder has been accessed, the files may be copied locally or burned to DVD. Notice that there are two subfolders for the documentation installation. Catia’s two installation DVDs have been copied into these two respective folders. Given that there are two disks worth of files to install, it is necessary to burn these files to two DVDs for installation. Installing documentation with the DVDs.
2. Select Setup.exe on the first disk. Users are then prompted to select whether Catia has already been installed. In almost all cases, Catia will already be installed. For the remaining prompts, the default settings and folder paths should be correct, although feel free to adjust as necessary. The installation will take several minutes and require insertion of the second DVD during the process. Attempts to run the installation directly over the network will take considerably longer and will possibly fail to recognize files for the second disk.
3. Once the documentation has been installed, it will be accessible within Catia. Under the Help menu, select Catia V5 Help. A prompt will require navigation to the destination of the documentation. As a reminder, the default installation location is “C:\Program Files\Dassault Systems\B20Doc\English\”. Once this destination is specified, the help documentation will appear and continue to be available.