Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership
The College of Management’s Center for Nonprofit Management is pleased to offer a Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership. This 12-credit Graduate Certificate is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to lead and manage a charitable 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization in today’s environment. The Certificate requires four courses (12 credit hours) of master’s-level coursework including three specially designed nonprofit management courses, and one elective drawn from traditional MBA courses.
Students will learn the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Understand the history and current status of the U.S. nonprofit and global civil society sector
- Recognize differences and similarities between the management of nonprofit and for-profit organizations
- Understand and describe the basic legal and regulatory environment of 501c3 nonprofits
- Learn and apply selected strategic management competencies such as to fund development, strategic planning, social marketing, volunteer management and program assessment.
- Develop and manage the fund development program.
- Appreciate the role of ethics and social responsibility in the management of nonprofit organizations
- Examine and appreciate nonprofit values of giving, service and volunteerism.
- Utilize social enterprise strategies
Online Courses Taught by:
Jerry Lindman, J.D., Jane Seiling, PhD, Michael Montgomery, MS
For more information please visit Center for Nonprofit Management site, or contact:
Office of Admissions
Lawrence Tech guarantees students who have declared OL (online) as their home campus that courses will be made available for them to complete their studies 100% online.