Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Can't find the item you're looking for here at Lawrence Tech Library? Faculty, students and staff can place an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request, and requested items may arrive from anywhere in North America.
The LTU Library is able to borrow for patrons with accounts in good standing (contact information up to date, no overdues) and fines below $15.00.
The LTU Library is not able to honor multiple, concurrent requests for the same title, for the same patron.
- Search Michigan eLibrary (MeL)
- Watch "Request items through MeL - Tutorial" (YouTube)
- Free delivery to Lawrence Tech Library (items usually arrive within a week)
- Find many articles using the eJournal Finder (search for journal title)
- Still can't find an item? Request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL)...
Interlibrary Loan FAQ
- Online Form
- Paper Form (return in person, fax 248.204.3005)
- The Library will subsidize the cost of an Interlibrary Loan for students up to $15. As always, books borrowed via MelCat never have a loan fee.
- Allow 1-2 weeks for books to arrive, articles generally arrive somewhat faster.
Items not available for requesting through Interlibrary Loan:
- Textbooks listed by the bookstore for current classes. The Library cannot send requests for textbooks through Interlibrary Loan in lieu of purchase. Textbooks accidentally requested will be placed on in-house use only for the initial lending period provided by the owning institution.
- Media: Popular videos, films, CDs, video games, computer files, etc. (Please try MeLCAT or your local public library.)
- Items LTU's Library owns, but are checked out or in an alternate format.
- Items published in the last calendar year (Please try MeLCAT).
- Reference materials (very few libraries lend these).
- Items being placed on Reserve in the LTU Library.
- Entire journal issues or several articles from the same journal issue (copyright infringement).
- Popular books such as those on the "Best Seller" list (Please try MeLCAT or your local public library.)
Items on this list will also not be available for other libraries to borrow through Interlibrary Loan from the LTU Library collection.