Obtaining Your I-20
It is very important that you submit each of the following items in order for Lawrence Tech to issue your I-20:
2. Document of Support - International students must submit a current bank statement as proof that they have sufficient funds to pay for an entire year of school at Lawrence Tech. Students are permitted to have sponsors for the funding, but the sponsor needs to submit his/her bank statement and a letter stating he/she is willing to provide the student with financial assistance at LTU. The table below outlines the amounts for the 2013-14 academic year:
Undergraduate Architecture & Design Students: $43,770
Undergraduate Engineering Students: $43,620
Undergraduate Arts & Sciences and Management Students: $40,770
Masters Level Students: $32,098
Doctoral Level Students: $26,770
Additional funding is required for dependents of an international student that will be applying for an F-2 or J-2 visa. The following are the estimated costs for the dependents. These costs must be added to the total funding required (found above).
3. Document of Support Verification Form - This form is used by LTU to verify the information contained on the Document of Support. In order to provide the quickest processing time please ensure that this is submitted along with the Document of Support. A down loadable form is available here: Document of Support Verification Form
4. Visa Transfer Form - This form is required only for students transferring from a U.S. community college or university. Students need to give the completed form the Office of Admissions as soon as possible after they complete courses at the school they are transferring from. You can download a copy of this form here: F-1 Visa Transfer-In Form
5. Foreign Address - All students who need an I-20 must submit their international address as a requirement for SEVIS (government tracking system for international students) and as evidence of non-immigrant intent.
6. Copy of Passport - A copy of the information page of the passport will aid in the processing of your visa documentation. This information is used solely for this purpose and will have no effect on other portions of the application process.