Candidates applying for admission to the MSMSE program are required to have met the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science, or an equivalent degree from an accredited college or university, and 3-5 years experience working in a Mechatronic engineering field may apply.
- Provide official transcripts of all completed college work.
- Have a minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.00.
- Submit a completed graduate application form.
- Submit three letters of recommendation, including one from a corporate supervisor and one from a professor in the students' undergraduate program, if you graduated within the last three years.
The MSMSE Program Director and the MSMSE Program Engineering Committee, if necessary, may evaluate and consider applicants, who do not meet all conditions for regular admission, for conditional admission.
Applicants will be notified of their status within two weeks of completion of the minimum required hours. Conditional students are granted regular status after maintaining a minimum 3.00 GPA in three consecutive graduate-level courses. Applicants must satisfy all prerequisite requirements before they can be granted official graduate status. The MSMSE Program Director will decide prerequisite requirements. Applications to the MSMSE program may be submitted at any time of the year, for matriculation during any future semester.