What is Panopto CourseCast?
How do I?
- Configure a Blackboard course for Panopto Lecture use. (updated 9/2012)
Configure and Provision Panopto in a Blackboard Course (PDF)
- Download and install the Panopto recorder on your computer (updated 9/2012)
Download, Install and Log into Panopto (PDF)
- Record and upload lectures to Blackboard
Record and Upload Panopto Lectures to Blackboard (PDF)
How do I create a Panopto "Drop Box" to allow student recordings?
- Select Course Tools menu tab
- Select Panopto Focus
- On the Panopto Focus Content screen select Panopto Folder Settings
- Click continue to open Folder Settings Manage Recordings web page
- Select the Share tab and make the parent folder Public
- Click the Overview tab and select (click) Create Drop Box icon
You also need to make the Panopto recorder download links available (there is no direct link for students in Blackboard, so you need to provide this information. Below is sample text that can be used:
Can I edit Panopto Recordings?
Can I disable the emails that are automatically generated when a Panopto video is made?
- Access vcapture2.campus.ltu.edu
- Log in BB9 Production System then loog in with your Blackboard credentials
- On the Panopto screen, click the bb9\username (top right corner), select User Settings
- Uncheck the option "Send me notifications"
Why are students having problems when trying to access my Panopto recordings?
(See Video: Share Recording or download the Adobe PDF Instructions: see Page 4: Create and Upload Panopto Recording PDF).
- Log into the Panopto Recorder.
- Select the tab for Recording Status, then select the option "Manage My Recordings" located to the right of the screen.
- Locate the name of lecture(s) and hover the cursor to the right of the name. The set of icons will appear. The "sharing" option is the first icon, click to select.
- The next screen will open and you need to select "Make Public" .. You will need to do this for any other recordings that you have included in the course.
- You can then close the window and the recorder