Google Apps for Lawrence Tech University
Lawrence Tech University subscribes to Google Apps for Education. Google Apps provides email, calendaring, and collaboration services for Educational Institutions. It includes:
- Access to email from any Internet connection
- 25GB of GMail storage
- Improved spam blocking
- Document storage and sharing with others
- Multiple calendars that are easy to create and share
- Web based text chat within email window
- Client based video chat
- Advanced Google search technology
Accessing Google Apps
Log into your LTU webmail account to access Google Apps.
Navigate to http://webmail.ltu.edu
- Enter your email username and your initial (default) password which is your 8-digit birth date in MMDDYYYY format.
- On the next screen, create a new password, select the language, type the text shown in the security image in the input box, read the terms and conditions, and then click “I accept. Create my account button.”
- For your own security, create a password that’s hard to guess. The password strength indicator will be completely green if you choose a strong password.
Check here for Google Apps current status. This page offers performance information for Google Apps services.