Blackboard for Students
Welcome to Blackboard eHelp site at Lawrence Technological University. We encourage you to take advantage of the information available to learn how to use Blackboard system.
If you have any questions or if need additional assistance contact the LTU Help Desk at (248) 204-2330 or email email@example.com.
It is strongly suggested that you use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer when using Blackboard!
How Do I Log On To Blackboard 9.1?
Your Blackboard username is the same username you use to log into Blackboard, BannerWeb, Email, and campus computers, laptops, and tablets.
To find your username:
1. Log into BannerWeb
2. Click on Personal Information
3. Click on View Email Addresses
4. The Campus email address before the @ltu.edu is your new username
Your initial Blackboard password is your birthday in the format of mmddyyyy (birthday month,day, four digits of year).
Your Blackboard password is now the same password used to log into the Campus network. You will be able to change your password by following the instructions below anytime and anywhere after you create your profile.
- Click on "Edit my profile" to create a profile. Enter your username and your 8 digit birthdate (MMDDYYYY) as the password.
- Set up your security questions and confirmed and your profile is created, go back to the main page and click on "Change my password".
- Log in with your username and your 8 digit birthdate again to change your password. You can now log in to Blackboard with your username and your new password.
Below are links to short video tutorials that will assist you in getting started with Blackboard 9.1
How do I use Blackboard as a Student?
Getting Started with Blackboard - Part 1 Part 1 takes you through log in, accessing Syllabus, overview of Bb screens, upload/download documents (assignments)
Getting Started with Blackboard - Part 2 Part 2 takes you through Assignments, Safe Assignments, Discussion Board, taking tests, review your grades
Documentation is also available by clicking the ink below to print, save or view the Quick Tips for Student .
Blackboard 9.1 Student Quick Tips brochure