Laptop Return Hours
|May 16||Last day for non-teaching faculty|
Laptop Distribution Hours
|Wednesday||May 15||11:00 - 6:00|
Regular Laptop Distribution Hours
|Mondays||1:00 - 4:00 (or contact the Help Desk for an appointment)|
|Tuesdays||1:00 - 4:00 (or contact the Help Desk for an appointment)|
|Wednesdays||1:00 - 4:00 (or contact the Help Desk for an appointment)|
|Thursdays||1:00 - 4:00 (or contact the Help Desk for an appointment)|
Laptop Distribution Policy
- We can not distribute a laptop to anyone other than the person to whom it is assigned.
- Parents, relatives, or friends may not pick up a laptop for a Lawrence Tech student or faculty member.
- Students and faculty must pick up their laptops in person.
- There are no exceptions to this policy.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Faculty and Staff Laptop Distribution Procedures
Before picking up a laptop, faculty must provide a fully executed Laptop Authorization form signed by the appropriate personnel from their department and a signed 2012 Faculty Laptop Agreement. These forms are available here.
Student Laptop Distribution Procedures
Before a student receives a laptop, they must:
- Register for classes for the current term.
- Pay the $500 security deposit.
- Have a Lawrence Tech photo ID card.
- Sign the laptop agreement which is online in BannerWeb
The One Stop Service Center, room C304 in Taubman Student Services Building processes the payment of the laptop security deposit and provides Lawrence Tech Photo IDs.
Laptop Return Procedures
Upon semester completion, complete withdrawal, graduation from LTU, notification by LTU, or premature departure from the University (whether by dismissal, involuntary withdrawal, or other occurrence) the LTU Laptop must be returned within 5 business days to the Help Desk. If you have final exams after the return deadline, an exception can be made for you to return your laptop one business day following your last exam without any penalty. Please contact email@example.com for details.
A late fee of $20 per business day will be charged if the laptop is returned after 5 business days from the date of departure from Lawrence Tech. Users will also be charged for any accessories not returned.
Please use the following guidelines prior to returning your LTU laptop:
- Return the laptop to the Help Desk in room C203 in the Taubman Building,
- in its original condition, less reasonable wear,
- the keyboard and screen must be clean,
- remove personal files from your laptop prior to returning it to the Help Desk. Files may be stored on the M:\ drive, burned to a CD or other external media,
- remove any disks from the disk drive.
Please use the following procedure when returning your laptop to the Help Desk.
- Please back up your data prior to returning your laptop!
- Remove laptop and power adapter from carrying case.
- Boot-up laptop (to your user account).
- Remove all accessories from the case.