Enabling the Lenovo Fingerprint Sensor for Login
Lenovo tablets have a fingerprint sensor which can be used to log into the machine instead of using an ID and password.
Follow the instructions below to enable the fingerprint sensor:
- Log on initially with Username and Password.
- Select Start, All Programs.
- Select ThinkVantage.
- Select ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software.
- Select User Enrollment.
- An End-User License Agreement will appear, Accept the terms of the License Agreement and select OK.
- Follow the instructions in the User Enrollment guide. Note: You can view a tutorial and “practice” swiping your fingers across the sensor. You will then have the option of enrolling one or more fingers.
- After completing the enrollment process, restart the tablet and wait for login prompt.
- Swipe finger or thumb to log on.
Enrolling in the fingerprint software does not disable your standard login with ID and password but provides an alternative method of logging into the system.
You can enroll multiple fingers is you wish. You can swipe your finger in either direction.
Download instructions as a document.