Welcome to the Department of Natural Sciences!
Greetings from the faculty, students and staff of the Department of Natural Sciences at Lawrence Technological University!
The Department of Natural Sciences will provide high quality undergraduate science programs and curricula, with an emphasis on laboratory skills, in biology, chemistry, physics as well as supporting in-service teachers and professionals through graduate programs in science education and educational technology.
Science is an essential foundation of every technological society. At Lawrence Tech, you can be assured that both the theoretical and applied aspects of science will be emphasized in your education. The Department of Natural Sciences at Lawrence Technological University offer specific programs that will prepare graduates to:
- Enter the workplace directly as practicing scientists and teachers.
- Pursue graduate studies in their disciplines.
- Pursue business career paths in technologically oriented industries.
- Obtain entry to and succeed in professional programs in medicine, dentistry and related fields.
- Use their technological backgrounds to advance in other professional graduate studies such as law and business.
In support of these goals, the department offers a variety of programs leading to the following undergraduate degrees:
- Associate Degree in Chemical Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cell Biology
The department also offers a master's programs in science education:
- Master of Science Education (and DI teaching endorsement)
- Master in Educational Technology (and MP teaching endorsement)
In addition to these degree programs, the department also offers courses in a number of other disciplines, such as biology, botany, geology, and physical science.