Direct-Entry Master of Architecture
Students at our Michigan campus who enter the architecture program as freshmen can complete the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredited, Master of Architecture degrees in 5 years and 2 summers. Students must have a 3.0 GPA after completing all undergraduate level courses to advance to the (upper division) Master's level courses. Students finishing the lower division courses with a GPA below 3.0 can obtain the Bachelor of Science in Architecture, as long as all other degree requirements are met. *Please note: it is the Master of Architecture degree that is National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredited.
Why Architecture Degree at Lawrence Tech?
- At Lawrence Tech, you will begin your architectural studies on day one. In many architectural schools, design studios come much later in the curriculum.
- Our "theory and practice" approach emphasizes real-world, hands-on experience that better enables you to assume positions of leadership and responsibility in the profession.
- You will be taught by practicing professionals, who will mentor you and help you to create your own professional network.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the Paris or Italy summer study abroad programs we offer, where you can explore architecture and art in a culturally diverse setting.
- You can work in the Detroit Studio or detroitSHOP, two of our urban outreach programs focused on neighborhood development projects involving community-based architectural design and urban planning.
- You can discover digital fabrication, and create great projects in our makeLab
- You can investigate sustainable and parametric urbanism in studio[Ci]
- You will study in an atmosphere of educational excellence, which is evident from the number of architectural students and faculty at Lawrence Tech who have won national and international awards and competitions.
- The architectural curriculum is built uniquely around "integrated design studios," in which you will work with interdisciplinary faculty teams that include architects, landscape architects, interior designers, lighting designers, and urban designers.
Graduates with a Master of Architecture degree have many career options:
- College Professor
- Construction Administrator
- Design Consultant
- Project Manager
- Real Estate Developer
- Urban Designer