Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies
Students with a Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies possess an understanding of the world of architecture from a variety of perspectives.
Architecture is a dynamic field involving the design and production of buildings and spaces that are inspiring, functional, sustainable, and responsive to their physical and social contexts.
Lawrence Technological University's Architectural Studies program, can competitively position you for a career in architecture, journalism, and a variety of other areas. The program focuses on the interdisciplinary nature of architecture in the complex modern world.
Graduates possess an educational foundation which will then allow them to pursue a number of career options and opportunities for advanced degrees, and also assume leadership roles within the cultural environment.
Why Architectural Studies at Lawrence Tech?
- The University's "theory and practice" approach emphasizes real-world, hands-on experience that better enables you to assume positions of leadership and responsibility in the profession.
- You will be taught by practicing professionals, who will mentor you and help you to create your own professional network.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the summer study abroad program in Paris in which you explore architecture and art in a culturally diverse setting.
- You can work in the Detroit Studio, an urban outreach program focused on neighborhood development projects involving community-based architectural design and urban planning.
- You will study in an atmosphere of educational excellence, which is evident from the number of architectural students and faculty at Lawrence Tech who have won national and international awards and competitions.
Graduates with a degree in Architectural Studies have many career options:
- Art & Architectural History
- City Planning
- Design Firm Marketing
- Fine Arts
- Public Administration
- Real Estate/Urban Development