“Architecture brings joy and purpose to life through the orchestration of light, space, form, and structure. An architectural education must promote sensitive and sustainable principles for design in the context of broad ecology and robust ethical standards.” Ralph Nelson, assistant dean and director of graduate studies, College of Architecture and Design
Lawrence Technological University’s Master of Architecture combines theory with practice and emphasizes the integration of technical, social, and environmental ideals in architecture.
The Master of Architecture program offers you the academic credentials for professional licensing and admission to the field of architecture. It prepares students for lifelong learning through critical practice and aims to develop architects who are committed to creative inquiry, critical thinking, innovative design, evocative communication, and professional leadership.
The Master of Architecture is a four-semester degree program that combines a core of professional studies with interdisciplinary electives in a practice profile you select. Program course work encompasses advan-ced design studios taught by a vibrant faculty and a Master Class studio, led by a nationally recognized practitioner. Core and elective courses cover theory, research, practice, and management, led by faculty experienced in each area.
Students elect to focus on one or more of the following subject areas in studio and elective courses as they construct their own personal practice profile.
Pre-Professional Entry Students with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture may complete as few as 36 credits for the Master of Architecture.
Students with more than 30 college credits, an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree in a non-architecture discipline may complete 89 to 138 credits for the Master of Architecture.
Highly motivated students located outside of southeast Michigan may apply to Lawrence Tech’s online Master of Architecture program and complete 33 credits of upper-division course work in an online format
Why Lawrence Tech for a Master of Architecture?
- You will be a part of one of the oldest an d largest architecture programs in the c ountry, with a network of thousands of a lumni in professional practice all over the world.
- The program is fully accredited by the N ational Architectural Accrediting Board.
- Lawrence Tech is located in a suburb o f Detroit, the city of “making” and g round zero for reenvisioning the ur ban landscape
- The architecture school is ranked in the t op five U.S. programs in construction m ethods and materials by Design In telligence.
- Lawrence Tech has an outstanding record o f graduates passing the architectural registration exam.
- All students have access to state-of-the- art facilities, including a digital makeLab, woodshop, metal fabrication lab, m aterials library, and dedicated daylit s tudio space.
Your 36-credit-hour program consists of:
The Master of Architecture also has an online only option. To request information on the online only option please visit: http://onlinedegrees.ltu.edu/online-programs/college-of-architecture-and-design/online-master-of-architecture/